Who we are
The 3rd Teddington Scout Group, is based in Teddington, Middlesex, we have Beavers, Cubs and Scouts in the Group.
Information that we collect
Our key principle is to only collect, use and disclose personal information responsibly to the extent necessary to deliver Scouting.
This policy refers to information such as your name, contact details, your child’s name, date of birth and any special needs/disabilities/dietary requirements that you supply to us or is otherwise supplied to us.
Your information is collected when a member joins the Group and when we request information specifically from you in relation to specific activities and other events.
In most cases, the information we hold about a data subject is provided by the subject themselves, or by their immediate family.
We also retain data about the history of members within the Group, such as dates of transition between Sections, participation in events, and attainment of awards. This data is generated within the Group.
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
Our use of your information
(1) For the purpose of ensuring that we have contact information in case of emergencies or other matters that might affect the wellbeing or health of a member of the Group, and for the purposes of making the necessary bookings for Group led activities in which you or your child may be involved.
(2) For the purpose of providing you with information about activities and events in which the Group and its ‘Sections’ (Beavers, Cubs, Scouts), Young Leaders, Adult Leaders, helpers and Group Supporters may be involved, including requesting support for any matters directly impacting the Group.
(3) For the purpose of contacting you in relation to Group subscriptions, payments by Gift Aid, distribution of news sheets, session details and other events where the Group is seeking support.
(4) For the purpose of maintaining an admissions’ register and a waiting list of potential future members.
(5) For the purpose of maintaining historic archives and maintaining contact with alumni of the Group.
(6) Information (such as health or religion) may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations. We collect it from you on request, to ensure the wellbeing of Group members and so that we can cater to their needs or act in their interests.
(7) Photographs of your child may be used in displays within the Group’s headquarters and member’s area of our web site for showing activities that our Beavers, Cubs and Scouts take part in.
(8) On occasion photographs of Group activities may be used public documentation, you would be informed if an image including your child was to planned to be included and have the ability to request that any images of your child are not used in this way.
(9) Where the Group uses social media as a means of communication your information is secured by being a member of a restricted group that will only comprise members of the Group, their parents and adult leaders.
Who has access to the information that we hold
The data is generally accessible to the leaders of the Group, and to no one else. We may share this information with the wider Scout Association, but we do not share this information with other organisations (unless legally required to do so, or unless you ask us to).
You are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you and can request that this information is corrected, deleted or restricted to a specific purpose.
Requests must be submitted by email to the Group Scout Leader:- (email@example.com)
We will take reasonable steps and have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information. Paper information is either under supervision or secured in a locked area.
Electronic hardware is either under supervision or secure in a locked or restricted area at all times, passwords are used on computers.